These are sortable table of individuals with selected columns of data. They are provided as an alternative to the master index as a means of browsing the GEDCOM file. These are all accessed from the main menu and can be customized in various ways (see below).
To sort the table according to a given column, click the column heading. To reverse the ordering, click the heading again.
If there are any tagged any records there will also be a Tagged Only option - above the record table, at the right hand side of the A-Z jump bar - to restrict the table to show just the tagged records.
Several different summary tables are provided:
- All Individuals at a Glance - Includes every individual along with key data (by default including surname, forename, date/place of birth and spouse name though you can alter the columns).
- All Individuals with Citations - Includes all individuals for which any GEDCOM source citations are given, either at the individual level or for specific data (events) within an individual's record.
- All Individuals with Notes - Includes all individuals for which any GEDCOM notes are given, either at the individual level or for specific data (events) within an individual's record.
- All Individuals with Issue - Includes all individuals for which one or more children are listed in the GEDCOM file.
- All Individuals with Descendant Charts, All Individuals with Pedigree Charts & All Individuals with Family Charts - These options list those individuals for which the given chart tabs are enabled within their record details page. The main purpose of these is to have a quick way to locate individuals with charts in the situation where you have only enabled chart record tabs for specific individuals.
- All Individuals with Photos - This means all individuals for which there are GEDCOM photographic media.
- All Individuals with Multimedia Links - This means all individuals for which there are GEDCOM multimedia links. Similar to All Individuals with Photos but not limited to multimedia links of photos, and contains a column linking directly to the $TITLE_TAB_MULTIMEDIALINKS() tab of the record details page.
There are a number of ways you can customize the summary tables, for which you use the Main Menu tab of the Preferences window.
Here you can rename and reposition the summary tables within the main menu, or remove particular tables altogether. You can also opt to have individual tables included in the menu bar (quick links) that is shown at the top of every page apart from the main menu.
You can customize the appearance and structure of each summary table. You can select the columns to be shown - in addition to the persons name you can opt to include their GEDCOM Record ID, a link to their record details page, date of birth, place of birth, date of death, place of death, date of marriage, place of marriage, spouse(s), names of children, and thumbnails. You can also control whether or not the table is to have sortable columns, whether names are to be shown split into separate surname and forename columns or alternatively use a single combined name column, and whether you want all spouses to be included.